Hello list,

I am trying to understand something here... I have two new servers which are not in productive use yet. For testing purposes I restored the mail from backup and had cyrus 2.4 running. I then decided to go for 2.5.6, ran "reconstruct -V max" on both the master and the replica This seemed to have run well but now I discovered that on the replica all mailboxes are gone and there are a whole lot of "cyr_expire[16166]: Removing stale tombstone for user.blablabla" in the log. Digging further there is a whole lot of "syncserver[28619]: Deleted mailbox user.blablabla" on the replica.

I guess on both the master and the replica cyrus was running and synchronisation was active during reconstruct. On the master I see a lot of "Repacking mailbox" and "reconstructing user.", during which sync_client kicks in and there is a lot of "sync_client[6539]: MAILBOX user.blablaba" going on. After that a whole lot of "sync_client[6539]: skiplist: invalid magic header: /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db" has been written to the log on the master while the replica starts deleting mailboxes "syncserver[28619]: Deleted mailbox user.blablabla".

Did I delete the mailboxes on the replica involuntarly by rebuilding the mailboxes while sync_client was still running ? Should I have stopped the replication ? Is it safer to run reconstruct with cyrus stopped ? I will have downtime when the new machines go online anyway, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
Stephan
To Unsubscribe: