On 11/02/2015 03:16 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 2015-11-02 um 20:06 schrieb Dave McMurtrie via Info-cyrus:
On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 19:11 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger via Info-cyrus
wrote:
Am 2015-11-02 um 14:06 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via Info-cyrus:
gentoo server here,

yesterday I upgraded cyrus-imapd from 2.4.x to 2.5.6
Alongside I reinstalled glibc, cyrus-sasl, postfix ... and corrected all
the new config options etc in cyrus.conf etc

I now see problems with lmtpd.
I tried multiple things over the last few hours, even upgraded the
kernel and rebuilt all(?) the relevant packages.

I still have over 100 emails in the queue which don't get delivered to
cyrus, and I still get the segfaults.

Could someone pls advise how to proceed and maybe debug this issue?
We recently upgraded our MX servers to what will eventually be 3.x and
had a series of issues with lmtpproxyd (which is actually a link to
lmtpd).  I'm not sure how much of the code is common with what's in the
2.5.x releases, but Ken (cc'd on this) managed to track down and fix our
sigsegv issues.  Ken, do you know if the things you fixed are present in
the 2.5.x code as well?
I am thankful for any help on this as I have to get out these mails to
my customers (right now it's 9pm here, but I should have that fixed tmrw
morning or so).

Maybe I could downgrade to 2.4 as well? I hesitate to do so as I don't
want to make things even worse by panicking.

Stefan

Can you get a backtrace from a lmtpd  core dump?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer