Hi,
Reminder if you're a LightSpeed customer that you can attend Certified
Administrator training in Iowa this summer. 12 openings in the class
remain..thanks!

________________________________

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your
browser.<http://resources.lightspeedsystems.com/mailers/tipsandtricks/2010/01-27.html>

   January 27, 2010

Lightspeed Wiki<http://wiki.lightspeedsystems.com> | Contact
Us<http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/about/ContactUs.aspx>

[http://resources.lightspeedsystems.com/mailers/tipsandtricks/2009/images/banner2.jpg]

Get Certified and College Credit at a Training Event

[http://resources.lightspeedsystems.com/mailers/biopics/2009/BioPic_Phil_Scrivano.jpg]

Hi Tim,

There's never been a better time to become a Lightspeed Certified
Administrator. The five-day course is now accredited through Fresno Pacific
University for you to optionally receive three units of college credit. Get the
training you need to stretch your investment--and take the required exams--at
either our roadshows or our conferences.

Training Roadshows

These hands-on training events held all across the United States are limited to
30 trainees and include lunch each day. The week culminates with an opportunity
to take the exams.
*                       February 8-12, 2010: Englewood, CO
*                       March 1-5, 2010: Fort Wayne, IN
*                       May 31-June 1, 2010: Kirkwood, MO
*                       June 21-25, 2010: Libertyville, IL
*                       June 28-July 2, 2010: Jefferson, IA
*                       June 28-July 2, 2010: Blackfoot, ID
*                       July 12-16, 2010: Sauk Rapids, MN
*                       July 12-16, 2010: Green Bay, WI
*                       July 19-23, 2010: Pascagoula, MS
*                       July 19-23, 2010: Myrtle Beach, SC
*                       July 26-30, 2010: Louisburg, NC
*                       July 26-30, 2010: Lancaster, PA
*                       August 2-6, 2010: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Lightspeed Certification Training & Community Conferences

The conferences include the same certification training as the roadshows and a
whole lot more--namely user group meetings, evening activities, more peers to
interact with, and ALL your meals through Friday lunch--for the same $800.
*                       April 12-16, 2010: Austin, TX
*                       June 14-18, 2010: Bakersfield, CA (home of Lightspeed
Systems)

Download the Certification Training data
sheet<http://resources.lightspeedsystems.com/pdf/lightspeed_systems_training.pdf>
 and register now<http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/training/Register.aspx> for
any of these events with your purchase order or credit card. Contact me
directly if you're interested in college credit for the course.

Looking forward to seeing you certified,

Phil Scrivano
p...@lightspeedsystems.com<mailto:p...@lightspeedsystems.com>
VP of Professional Development
Lightspeed Systems
661.716.7600

SA Roadmap Clarification

The very observant Bob Lillie of Willows Unified detected a hole in the
Security Agent
roadmap<http://resources.lightspeedsystems.com/mailers/tipsandtricks/2010/01-20.html>
 appearing in last week's Tips & Tricks. Bob wrote, "I have hundreds of XP
machines that won't support 64-bit or Vista/7. If v7.02 will be the last
release, will the database continue to be updated?"

Answer: Yes, both v8.0 and v7.02 draw from the same master database that is
continuously updated. While SA v8.0 will only support Vista, Windows 7, Server
2008, we will follow up with an SA v8.01 that will include the new scanner and
support both 32- and 64-bit XP. We just didn't want to hold up the 64-bit
version any longer since it is done. Sorry for the confusion.

Download Security Best Practices

As noted, we are working hard to improve the database, software, and support.
But you can help us help you. Download our Security Best
Practices<http://wiki.lightspeedsystems.com/x/5xSkAQ>, which covers network and
desktop guidelines to substantially reduce the likelihood of any security
issues on your network.

Did you receive this newsletter in error? This email is intended only for
registered Lightspeed Systems users.

If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, please reply to this email
WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS and change the Subject field to REMOVE. You will be
removed from our list immediately. We protect all e-mail addresses from third
parties.

Our mailing address is:
Lightspeed Systems, Inc
1800 19th St
Bakersfield, Ca 93301

Our telephone:
(661) 716-7600

Copyright (C) 2009 Lightspeed Systems, Inc All rights reserved.