We've been working with a demo copy of Sharepoint 07 this past year. Added
something called Sharepoint Learning Kit which provides an educational
environment to it. The setup is a bit buggy, teachers really haven't taken to
it. Students use it as a place to store documents. With the offering of
Sharepoint as a part of l...@edu, don't think we will roll out our in-house
sharepoint next year. Don't know what features MS will add to Sharepoint Live,
but it should be able to cover the basic needs that we have used this past year.

Past years we have used a hosted product called ClassServer. Since MS has
dropped the support for it, ClassServer struggled with newer software and
innovations.  So we went looking for something else.  With our 1:1,(I think
we're in our 5th year) I see it to be important to provide some sort of
dashboard that would link teachers to students.  It seems the more the teachers
integrates some of the features of Sharepoint into the classroom, the more
computers are used. Just an observation. I'm sure that could be said about
Moodle, blackboard or any other vehicle that encourages the dialogue between
teachers and students.

Have a great weekend...

Murray Gafkjen
Clay Central Everly