While Enix has done ok games in the past, it mostly crippled the
creative stream of Squaresoft (now Square), and for that I'll never
forgive Enix.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Battlefield games, but I enjoyed
2142 on lan parties quite a bit. Vietnam was only for multiplayer as
well. But this certainly makes one wonder about the future of the
series, in a good way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TzDTFNZq0k

I belive that EA has been careless as of late, but that doesn't lessen
any of the amazing games it launched :)