Type: info
Title: The path substitution service handles path substitution more restrictive
     Posted by: carsten.dries...@oracle.com
      Affected: -
Effective from: CWS fwk165
           CWS: fwk165
<http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Path=DEV300/fwk165>
    CWS status: approved by QA

*Summary*
--------

The path substitution service (com.sun.star.util.PathSubstitution) handles path substitutions for pre-defined absolute path variables more restrictive.

*Description*
-------------

The path substitution service (com.sun.star.util.PathSubstitution) was designed to provide system-dependent paths via path variables. This design makes it possible to hide system-dependent parts from configuration settings or other clients. The service should provide valid file system paths to clients wherever possible. It was not designed as a generic text substitution service. The implementation now checks incoming strings more restrictive. In detail this means a variable which is a place holder for an absolute file system path will only be substituted if

1. it's at the start of the string or the string contains only the variable.
E.g. "$(home)/My templates", "$(home)" are allowed
E.g. "This is my home directory: $(home)" is NOT allowed

2. it's at the beginning of a multi-path. OOo separates them with ';'
E.g. "$(home)/My templates;$(home)/My icons" is allowed

The following pre-defined variables are affected:

$(inst)
Installation path of the Office Basis layer.

$(prog)
Program path of the Office Basis layer.

$(brandbaseurl)
Installation path of the the Office Brand layer.

$(user)
The user installation directory.

$(work)
The work directory of the user. Under Windows this would be the "MyDocuments" sub-directory. Under Unix this would be the home-directory

$(home)
The home directory of the user. Under Unix this would be the home-directory. Under Windows this would be the "Documents and Settings\username>" sub-directory.

$(temp)
The current temporary directory.

$(path)
The value of the PATH environment variable.

Send feedback to interface-announce@openoffice.org