Hi!

> I think “as long as it is not overused” are the key words there. We have
> a very limited number of internal classes with operator overloading

I think the whole point of leaving it to extensions was ensuring it's
not overused. And now I see people arguing "well, if it's available to
extensions, then it also must be available to userspace" - which is the
reverse of the premise under which it was implemented in the first
place. Once we open this door, there's nothing that would prevent
overuse and abuse - in fact, as we see, even having this door closed
leads people to think since it exists, it must be used to the maximum,
addition of userspace operator overloading will surely be taken as
encouragement to be as creative as possible with overloading operators
and inventing all kinds of incomprehensible and inconsistent operator
schemes because it looked cool at the moment. So if anybody has hope it
would "not be overused" - it will be.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com