> ergonomic, and in the case of magic method usage improve performance.
>>

> I think this is a good direction to explore, but would recommend delaying
> it until PHP 8.1. As the RFC and discussion note, the design space here
> overlaps significantly with both readonly/immutability and property
> accessors. We should take enough time to consider these
> alternatives/extensions as well, to ensure that we don't end up with
> multiple distinct and possibly incompatible mechanisms. We don't have that
> time before PHP 8.0 feature freeze.

I've updated the RFC to rather aim for 8.1, I fully agree this should in
any form be made asure to align well with the related requests. Larrye's
email is a good example of what kind the language might look like when
several such features are potentially accepted in the future.

May I propose that some of us interested in this do a short call over the
summer on this topic to see if we can align on direction?