Hi!

we are running error_reporting E_ALL for 17 years now and don't
distinct between notice / warning / error, it has to be fixed -
period

Surely you do. Your code continues to run after warning/notice but stops
after the error. It's impossible to ignore that. Unless you have an
error handler that does exit() after a notice (which I have hard time
believing, honestly, but who knows), there is a very major distinction.

It's not about what "has to be fixed" - it's not about the contents of your bug tracking database - it's about the code that run one way and suddenly now runs (or, rather, fails) in a fundamentally different way.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com