Hi internals,

It's time for another deprecation RFC:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_8_1

This is a collection of minor deprecations that various people have put
together over the last ~2 years. This RFC was formerly targeted at PHP 8.0,
but was delayed to PHP 8.1 to reduce the amount of changes necessary for
PHP 8.0 compatibility.

As usual, each deprecation will be voted in isolation.

As we're still early in the release cycle, it's still possible to add
additional deprecation candidates, given reasoning for the deprecation, as
well as available alternatives.

Of course, if there are compelling technical reasons why something should
not be deprecated, we can move things into the "Removed from this proposal"
section, in which case it will serve as documentation why some
functionality should not deprecated.

Regards,
Nikita