On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 7:38 PM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 22/03/2021 09:24, Nikita Popov wrote:
> > It's time for another deprecation RFC:
> > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_8_1
>

> I have added another proposal to this list: the 'ssl_method' option to
> the SoapClient constructor, which in practice only allows you to force
> use of SSLv3. A more flexible alternative is available via stream
> context options.
>

> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_8_1#ssl_method_option_to_soapclient_constructor
>
> Note that both the SoapClient-specific and stream context versions of
> this are currently missing documentation, which I am working on improving.

Just want to note that there is an outstanding PR that adds newer methods
to SOAP ssl_method: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/5518 That would be
a possible alternative to deprecation. Though given how there are now many
PHP versions that don't support this, deprecating and making people use the
standard stream context approach does seem sensible.

Regards,
Nikita