On 28/02/2022 01:46, Craig Francis wrote:
Personally I think `strict_types=1` is fine for my code, but I would never
want to force that style on everyone, because doing so would be fairly
hostile for a language that's popular and well known for being easy to
use/learn.

Magically coercing things and hiding things under the hood is useful for the first 10 minutes of learning.

After that it just becomes a hindrance difficult because you have to know all of the secret rules about type juggling.