On Fri, Jan 5, 2024, at 6:22 PM, Mönôme Epson wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. Forgive me for a few mistakes. I'm new to
> Gmail... Is this line "top-post" ?

Yes.  Top posting means putting your reply above what people have sent
previously.  On many mailing lists, including this one, that is discouraged as
it makes the thread harder to follow.  Instead, put your responses inline
between parts of what you're replying to, or at the very end.  Then remove any
parts of the previous messages not relevant to what you're responding to.

> Le sam. 6 janv. 2024 à 00:48, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> What you can do, as Rowan noted, is this:
>>
>> https://3v4l.org/cEmcC
>>
>> I understood your code. It is interesting when you do not know the order
> of the keys.
> https://3v4l.org/O29NL
> I would have preferred to be able to write:
> https://3v4l.org/o5jkH
> In the same way I do it here:
> https://3v4l.org/I4V3W
>
> I don't see any concrete case where using a variable as a key can be useful
> https://3v4l.org/WR54k
>
> For me it was implemented like this, because it's easier.
>
> In reality, I'm not asking "how" it actually works, but how it should work.

As Rowan notes, how it does work currently is critical, because we need to
avoid breaking existing code.  Adding functionality is fine and good, but
breaking people's code is not, outside of some very controlled edge cases.

> list() supports destructuring assignment for arrays. Do you have an opinion
on object destructuring ?

Object destructuring would be better done using pattern matching.  Work is
already in progress on that, though it's not yet ready:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pattern-matching

I get the sense that's much closer to what you are looking for.

--Larry Garfield