> Am 15.01.2024 um 11:57 schrieb Nicolas Grekas <nicolas.grekas+...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Daniil,
>
> I've opened voting for the final-by-default anonymous classes RFC:
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/final_by_default_anonymous_classes
>>

> I voted against the proposal because as I mentioned in the previous thread
> on the same topic, this is a backward compatibility break that lacks ground
> but will have impact.
>
> Note that I voted even though I think the vote itself might be "illegal"
> per our policies (neither did 6 months pass, nor does the proposal make
> substantial changes to the previous one, to some definition of
> "substantial"). If the vote itself isn't allowed per this policy, then my
> vote is void of course.
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/voting#resurrecting_rejected_proposals
>
> Sorry for being a bit legalist on the topic but principles matter. We have
> policies and this vote is on the edge of two of them. That's a red flag for
> me.
>
> Nicolas

Hey Nicolas,

I think having a radically different approach to this definitely qualifies as
substantial.

The previous RFC made final opt-in. This RFC proposes final by default and an
opt-out, which is something a lot of voters suggested.

Feel free to disagree, though I see here no grounds for disqualifying. This
rule is here to not have repeated votes with cosmetic changes, to force a vote
through.

Bob