On Saturday, 17 February 2024 at 11:24, Hans Henrik Bergan <h...@loltek.net>
wrote:

> Can we add automatic formatting checks for pull requests?
> Made a PR: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/13417
>
> php-src use "tabs" instead of "spaces", that is... quite unusual,
> and I'm probably not the first person to accidentally use spaces
> instead of tabs, ref
> https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/13401/files/d64a8ccdc1d21576827059ee86c0fa073c95ffcc#r1492699756

That's quite standard in the C world AFAIK, yes it's not what is standard for
PHP written code but that's kinda irrelevant.

It would be nice to have some formatting rules to harmonize the codebase as it
is somewhat the wild west,
but as far as my understanding goes is that Clang format struggles to
understand our codebase (namely macros) and is difficult to set-up for php-src.

Best regards,

Gina P. Banyard