>> Mailing lists are fine and PHP is not the only project using them. The
>> Linux kernel successfully uses them, the HAProxy project does as well
>> and so does Debian.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Tim Düsterhus
>
> Hi, Internals
>
> There are times when I explore archives (mbstring and character code
> etc), so it's helpful to have something left in communication form.
> Therefore a mailing list would be better for that.

Modern programming languages like Rust and Go use exclusively github for
internals discussion and RFCs, and all conversations are easily accessible,
searchable and indexed by Google, with a much better UX than mailing lists.

Just my two cents, I still believe using mailing lists and an invite-only wiki
adds needless friction.

Regards,
Daniil Gentili.