On 3/5/24 09:30, Jakub Zelenka wrote:
On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 3:37 PM Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:

    Hi all,

    It's time to start the process of finding and electing RMs for the
    next minor PHP release.

    We are looking for three souls to take on this role. Whomsoever is
    elected will be guided and helped by the current, as well as
    previous RMs and the excellent documentation in release-process.md
    [1].

    Candidates should have a reasonable knowledge of internals, be
    confident about merging pull requests without breaking backward
    compatibility, doing triage for bugs, liaising with previous
    release managers, and generally getting the branch in good shape,
    as these are among the activities you will be undertaking as
    release manager. Ideally, at least one of candidate should be a
    core developer that can assess more technical PR's. Other
    candidates do not necessarily need to have deep knowledge of
    internals but should understand above mentioned points.

    Notably, at least one of the volunteers must be a "veteran"
    release manager, meaning they have participated in at least one
    release of PHP in the past. The other may be an additional
    veteran, or more ideally, someone new to the RM role (in order to
    increase our supply of veteran RMs).

    Please put your name forward here if you wish to be considered a
    candidate. An initial TODO page has been added to the wiki and
    contains provisional dates for GA and pre-releases [2].

    [1]
    https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/docs/release-process.md
    <https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/docs/release-process.md>
    [2] https://wiki.php.net/todo/php84

    Let's all make PHP awesome!
    Jakub Zelenka, Eric Mann & Pierrick Charron

Apology I forgot add the deadline for the volunteer search and the voting phase:

Applications will be accepted until 31 March 2024 12:00:00 UTC

Elections (if needed) will start on 1 April and run until 15 April 12:00:00 UTC

Cheers

Jakub

Good afternoon!

I'm currently still happy as a rookie RM for 8.3, but if no one else is interested in stepping forward, would love to volunteer for the veteran RM role for 8.4.

~Eric