On 05/04/2007 10:16 PM, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
Antony Dovgal wrote:
[snip]
I really don't understand the objection. We have added the extensions to
the core before when we want to promote a certain technology.

I object because I believe extensions should be moved from core to PECL,
not the other way round.
If you don't like PECL or think it's too difficult to use, let's make it
easy enough for all.

Its a noble goal, but lets be realistic. Having and extension in the
core package is always going to be easier than installing it as an
external package.

Both ways are easy enough for me.
Moreover, I think adding an extension using PECL is much more easier than
recompiling&reinstalling PHP.

There is also how wide spread usage of something we
want to get.

I think that Phar is going to be useful only if its
universally available in the PHP installs, and I think that would a good
thing for PHP.

This is valid for any other PECL module.
Most of the extensions we have are useful and good things.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal