Lester Caine wrote:

PDO simply changes the ground rules without solving any particular problem as has been said all along. Now you may well convince people that all the native drivers should be dropped from PHP and only PDO supplied but I hope that does not happen and that we have a PROPER debate on an abstract database layer.

One of the dream features back in the early days of PDO was a way to get a "native extension" connection out of PDO. Unfortunately this turned out to be impossible(?) to do :(

regards,
Lukas