From: Larry Garfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 1:13 PM
To: internals@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Simple Namespace Proposal

Yes, it would be.  What's the problem with that?

I'm coming from the background of a plugin-based architecture where plugins
routinely add functions that would, conceptually, "exist" in a different
namespace.

That would require having both multiple namespaces per file and multiple files
per namespace.  If we can't do that then we're back to using static classes
as if they were namespaces.

On Sunday 08 July 2007, Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> -1  for braces and multiple namespaces per file
>
> Braces will allow define something outside namespace and I like to avoid
> this possibility.
> In the following "correct" example function bar() is defined in global
> namespace.
>
> <?php
> namespace A::B {
>
>   function foo() {
>   }
>
> }
>
> function bar() {
> }
> ?>
>
> Dmitry.

Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson