On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 14:56 -0800, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
> > Having a clear and transparent contribution process is much more
> > important to my eyes than good support for <some company>'s products.
>
> No, it is not more important. 99.9% of PHP users don't care what process
> we have, they care about how well PHP works for them. If we had best
> process in the world but no support for what people need - people won't
> use PHP just to commend us for oh so good process. Process is important,
> but it's a *tool*, not the *goal*.

Right, for the users the process isn't important, they only care about
the license and the result hat comes out.

But still it affects the developers which haven't been consulted either,
yet. And it looks like some people (who ever it is in detail) seem to
try to put stuff with different rules in CVS without discussing it -
which is against the openness of the PHP project as I know it.

johannes