Hi,

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:13 -0600, Gregory Beaver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been furiously working behind the scenes with Stas and Dmitry, and
> have some enhancements to namespaces in the form of 2 patches.
>
> 1) multiple namespaces per file
> 2) use ::name;
>
> 1) multiple namespaces per file
>
> This is implemented as such:
>
> <?php
> namespace one;
> use Blah::A;
> // code
> namespace two;
> use Foo::A;
> ?>

I don't care about multiple namespaces per file, but if we allow
multiple namespaces in one file we should also enforce these. If we
don't enforce the braces people will write code like above and that's
really bad for maintenance. (While it makes me even more happy that I
don't do consulting stuff anymore - I don't read other people's PHP code
anymore - but from that time I know that people will misuse such a
feature)

johannes