I don't get it. We already have type hinting, just not for scalars. The discussion seems to be about whether or not we should have it all. But, the truth is, we have it. We half way have it. I fought for it to be all or nothing back then and I still think it is half done that we don't have scalar type hinting but we have array/object/class type hinting. Talk about inconsistency.

So, can we switch the mundane conversation from "should we have type hinting" to "why don't we have scalar type hinting if we have non-scalar type hinting?" That is the real conversation. Type hinting is here. It is not going anywhere. Let's finish the job.

--

Brian Moon
Senior Developer