On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 00:52 +0300, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> On 11.01.2008 22:13, Sam Barrow wrote:
> >> input from many people is great, moreover - it is necessary. However, it
> >> is not the same as deciding by arithmetical majority of votes of whoever
> >> cares to vote on technical questions.
> >
> > Which is a valid point in most cases, but this is not technical, it's
> > purely syntactic.
>
> Surely it's technical, doesn't matter what exactly it's supposed to
> affect - its syntax or its functionality.
>
> > If we were voting on implementing a highly advanced technical feature
> > then yes, people who know what they're talking about should be given
> > more weight, but in this case I don't think so.
>
> You're not going to fix bug reports related to the parser, or are you?

I don't know exactly what you mean, and what does that have to do with
anything?

All I said was a simple fact. This is syntactic, not functional.
Some people like looking at square brackets while some don't. Nobody on
this thread is more qualified than anybody else on this subject, it's
only a matter of opinion. That's it.