Stanislav Malyshev schrieb:
>> @Richard: You don't understand the Problem with _REQUEST. It is not
>> about the fact that someone can forge GET, POST; COOKIE variables.
>> It is about the fact that COOKIEs will overwrite GET and POST data in
>> REQUEST.
>
> Isn't it solved by setting variables_order to correct value, at least
> partially? I.e. if you have variable in GET/POST it won't be
> overwritten by the COOKIE one, of course there still may be a scenario
> when the variable is set only in COOKIE, but then doesn't omitting 'C'
> from variables_order exclude cookies from _REQUEST?

Changing the variables_order to CGP is not a good idea either, because
then applications that use cookies through _REQUEST could be tricked by
simple _GET variables. Session Fixation vulnerabilities in selfmade
session management systems come to mind.

Unfortunately removing C from variables_order does not only remove
cookies from _REQUEST but removes the content of _COOKIE. And that would
kill e.g. ext/session.

It would have been a good idea to have such a configuration option that
allows to specify what is in _REQUEST and what not...

Stefan Esser