Hi,

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 22:36 +0100, Marcus Boerger wrote:
>   we all were asked to stop discussing syntax of namespaces as we were told
> that we would decide after the namespace functionality was fully implemented.
> Now I think that the functionallity is pretty much settled we should
> revisit the syntax. We all have been very patient so far. Anyway here goes
> my take on it:

Allowing multiple namespaces per file using the "namespace foo;" syntax
feels really bad for me. Therefore I basically agree with Marcus on the
two options.

> 1) namespace foo { }
>
> 2) package foo;
>
> I favor 1) if we allow namespace nesting and 2) if not. The current
> way of
> nesting is very confusing:
> namespace foo; namespace bar;

About the options I don't have strong opinions but I see that people
want multiple namespaces per file. We aren't like other languages which
enforce one class per file and I don't think we should enforce one
namespace per file. Therefore I prefer 1).

johannes