2008/4/23 Piotr Czachur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello!
>
>  I use PHPUnit for unit testing of my application (but this issue is
>  independent of PHPUnit). Tests are run from command line so it's not
>  way (that I can imagine) to simulate file upload, because app code
>  uses is_uploaded_file() to check if file was really uploaded.
>  In my opionion some functions for simulation of file upload in command
>  line script would be very handy for unit testing.

Thank you guys.
I finally managed to create test case using PHPUnit and phpt.
Sebastaian Bergmann has made a patch in PHPUnit trunk changeset 2863
that allows to run phpt using CGI sapi, which I'm using in this test
case, so it should be included in next release.

Here is very simple example, two files upload.phpt and UploadTest.php

===========
UploadTest.php
===========
<?php
require_once 'PHPUnit/TextUI/TestRunner.php';
require_once 'PHPUnit/Util/Skeleton.php';
require_once 'PHPUnit/Util/Filesystem.php';
require_once 'PHPUnit/Extensions/PhptTestCase.php';

$test = new PHPUnit_Extensions_PhptTestCase('upload.phpt', array('cgi'
=> '/usr/bin/php5-cgi'));
$siute = new PHPUnit_Framework_TestSuite('Upload testing');
$siute->addTest($test);
$result = PHPUnit_TextUI_TestRunner::run($siute);
?>

=========
upload.phpt
=========
--TEST--
Multipart Form POST Data
--HEADERS--
return <<<END
CONTENT_TYPE=multipart/form-data;
boundary=---------------------------240723202011929
CONTENT_LENGTH=862
END;
--ENV--
return <<<END
CONTENT_TYPE=multipart/form-data;
boundary=---------------------------240723202011929
CONTENT_LENGTH=862
END;
--POST_RAW--
-----------------------------240723202011929

This is text in the file
-----------------------------240723202011929--

--FILE--
<?php
error_reporting(0);
print_r($_FILES);
echo (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'])) ? 'uploaded' :
'not uploaded';
?>
--EXPECTF--
Array