Hello,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Andi Gutmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Marcus Boerger wrote:
> >
> > >   Janusz is damn right here. Make the patches available but do not
> > > make it easy for people to stick to 4 please. Instead, stick to th
> > > eplan.
> >
> > We do, there are security fixes - we make a release.
>
> I'm with Derick here. We should push out new releases when there are
> security issues

While I mostly observe here, I would like to add some feedback from this
point of view.  With PHP 4, the date still has not been reached and if there
are security flaws they should be patched and released.  This should not be
sending mixed messages with the end of life announcement.  From the
enterprise perspective, we are out of compliance once the end of life has
been exceeded and internal policies will force many on PHP 4 to upgrade to
PHP 5 once that date has been reached.

Within these environments there might be legacy applications running on PHP
4 that are either waiting to reach their end of cycle or need to be upgraded
and the only way that does happen is when those timelines are reached when
the language reaches the end of it's life cycle.

Mike