Stan Vassilev | FM wrote:
I'm particularly for begins/endswith() function as I do this all over my
code and I'd appreciate the simplification and free extra performance.

I really don't mean to be rude here, but shorter and less typing !== performance gain. The PHP string functions are very fast. And if you are looking to improve your applications performance by using different string functions, you are likely looking in the wrong place.

--

Brian Moon
Senior Web Engineer