Hello All,

I had a chat with Etienne and Stas on IRC to try and figure out how to approach things. We decided that its best to go with only having parent:: be forwarding for alpha1. Depending on user feedback we might revisit the topic, but for now it seems that with this solution the limitations (and all 3 approaches - never, always and parent only forwarding - have limitations where they do not do what a user might need) are apparent less often and can usually be dealt with towards the base of the inheritance tree (which means it will be less of an issue in day to day programming).

Etienne will handle applying the patch and doing at least a base line summary of the decision process, so that we have this as a reference if we ever revisit the topic.

I hope that everybody can live with this decision.

regards,
Lukas