On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 10:26 +0200, David Soria Parra wrote:
> >> However I think we should provide the infrastructure for developers to
> >> setup a dvcs. I dont know if we want to standardize on a specific one.
> >> But collaboration on exterimental stuff that requires a dvcs should be
> >> possible on php.net servers.
>
> Maybe it's just about having the possibilities for developers to share
> experimental trees on a php.net side so that people from outside can
> pull from it easily and not to remember a bunch of urls to get the trees
> of some developers working on interesting patchsets.

Sharing trees can also be done with svn. A repository structure might
look something like that:

root
+ active master tees
| + trunk
| + php 5.3
| \ ...
+ developer trees
| + johannes
| | \ my private play ground
| \ ....
\ archive
  + php 5.2
  + php 5.1
  \ ....

svn 1.5 should allow merging between these tree's, but all such things
should be discussed on the other, new list :-)

johannes

P.S. I'm a git fan boy but see good reasons against it for PHP