Hi,

(should have gone out yesterday, but was hanging in my outbox...)

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 15:11 +0200, Pierre Joye wrote:
> > Correct PHP is supposed to work on "all" platforms therefore the
> > code has to work on Windows, too.
>
> And now it does.

Which is a good thing.

> > Now there are two questions Derick ask, which I see as valid
> > questions:
> > a) Why does it break with that function while at least another
> > bigger one exists.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1dy6t14d(VS.80).aspx
>
> There is three possible causes.

There are three different work-arounds. It would be good to know the
exact reason maybe re2c generates bad code and can be optimized or
something, since by itself, from scrolling over the generated file the
warning doesn't make too much sense to me and I'd like to have this
fixed before other scanners (zend_language_scanner for instance) show
the same problem.

> Do you suggest that disabling the optimization for the whole date
> extension will heart less than 4 lines in the src code?

Simple question yes/no  is enough for me:
Can it be done, using the build system, in a per-file way or only per
extension? (If yes per-file, I'd prefer that way, else: keep the #ifdef)

johannes