On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:43:52 +0300, Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Marcus Boerger kirjoitti:
>> Hello Ionut,
>>
>>   a Friend suggested to replace it with a Euro sign, so that PHP code
> gets
>>   worth more :-)
>
> Hey, why not make it configurable (ini option) ?! :D

I really do not find it reasonable to change the dollar sign to something
else.
If we could switch the dollar sign notation in variables on and off
with a directive in php.ini, that would break backwards compatibility
between apps
not only in a single user environments but also in shared hosting envs.
Imagine having to switch into dollar sign notation for a phpbb installation
and to a notation without the dollar sign for a custom application. It's
just
crazy!

Sotiris