On 2010-01-22, Johannes Schl?ter <johan...@php.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 17:49 +0000, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
>> iliaa                                    Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:49:38 +0000
>>
>> Revision: http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=293812
>>
>> Log:
>> Upgraded bundled PCRE to version 8.01
>
> This seems to depend on some parts of C99, at least stdint.h, by that it
> breaks the build for some compilers.

Yes I have the same opinion as johannes. We should decide if we want C99 or not,
and then use the appropriate compiler flags. At the moment we depend on lazy
compilers and libc's that allow you to include c99 stuff without telling the
compiler to use c99. As Johannes already said, this breaks PHP for some
compilers and some libc's.

David