At 16:39 13/09/2010, Pierre Joye wrote:
You are not serioulsy suggesting to use phpdoc for runtime annotation
support? Are you?

I actually am (either that or get what you want done in some other way). It's a rare enough use case that I think it's a very reasonable compromise. The disadvantages of adding a whole new branch of syntax, for this rare use case, far outweigh its advantages - IMHO.

Besides that, did you look at the other languages annotation support
and how and why they are used?

I have but I think we've hashed this many times in the past - PHP is PHP, not C# or Java. There's a serious cost in complexity with every new feature we add - especially a complicated syntax-rich feature like that - which I believe we all too often fail to factor into our discussions.

Zeev