On 2010-11-25, Herman Radtke <hermanrad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Developers can already wall themselves off now with the github mirror.
>>

>> No. People. Stop saying that. It simply isn't true.
>>
>> The 'github mirror' hasn't been active for 6months.
>> It got killed because our box simply couldn't handle the job.
>
> My mistake.  The github mirror really isn't the point thought.  The
> point is that anyone can use git-svn to make a git repo of PHP source
> and isolate themselves.

Nope you cannot. We forbid total git-svn clones as they put too much traffic
on the svn server. You can run a shallow clone, but either way you will have
a hard time merging and using all the nice DVCS features together when you
use git-svn. git-svn is more a local svn with local feature branches than a full
blown git.