Hi.

it was rejected for inclusion that time, but maybe it could be a good idea
to try to propose it again.
this kind of discussion should be taken place on internals@lists.php.net ,
I've just cc'ed it.
for writing an RFC, you should register on the wiki:
http://wiki.php.net/
and ask karma for the rfc wikispace (usually Philip Olson sends an email to
every new wiki user, and ask what kind of karma is needed)
After that, you can write the rfc, and post an email to the internals:
request for comments about the idea, and usually people start commenting,
and voting, and so.

ps: it's preferred, to use bottom-posting on the php mailing lists.