> As far as I can see this is for built-in functions only. The problem I see
> is, that APC cannot know, where my functions are located and therefore
> cannot load it without userspace help.

No it includes userspace functions. My knowledge of APC internals is very
weak, but more or less when you load an opcode into APC, the function
definitions have to be copied over. This setting changes that so the copying
happens when the function is actually called. It should be easy enough to
test by generating a file that has a few hundred or so functions defined,
then profiling a require of the file before and after with xhprof or similar
(should see a memory improvement - or at least, I can see more memory taken
up the more functions are defined in the file without this setting, didn't
try with it yet).

I had missed the PHP 5.3 constant change so my mistake, although that's good
to know.

Nat