Em Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:15:38 +0100, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> escreveu:

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Gustavo Lopes <glo...@nebm.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
Em Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:00:25 +0100, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

Could we get a list of the BC breaks?
It would be required to get together eventually as we have to write
the 5.3->5.4 migration guide as we did in the past for the previous
versions.

You can parse UPGRADING ( http://lxr.php.net/opengrok/xref/PHP_5_4/UPGRADING
), though I've noticed not everything is there, either intentionally or
unintentionally (see https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54657 ).

What is missing? We must keep it updated, same for UPGRADING.INTERNALS
(which looks very outdated right now :( ).

The bug report I gave one such example. Another example from the of my head would include closure rebinding, which has no mention at all in UPGRADING (and which is pending the voted on changes). Traits are also only mentioned lightly -- the new reflection functions --, but no mention of the engine changes that cause BC breaks (e.g. now you can't have a function named "trait").

These are just changes I know by heart, to have a more comprehensive list, one would have to go through the commits or do a diff to 5.3. Even then, it's not easy to sometimes evaluate the impacts of changes in the more complex parts, e.g. in the engine.

--
Gustavo Lopes