On 25/08/11 11:37, David Soria Parra wrote:

On 08/25/2011 11:28 AM, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa wrote:
On 25/08/11 11:15, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Stas Malyshev wrote: I agree, and I also think
that before people can make a choice they need to have played with
all the options. Just picking "git" because that's what you heard
of and what all the fan boys like is *not* the correct way to go.
In order to make a choice, and even consider switching away from
SVN, something that *works* just fine, you need to know the
systems (ie, git and hg).
+10. I think a vote is prematured right now.
so what do you suggest? We talk about the topic for 3 weeks now, and I
think waiting any longer will not make more people familar with HG. So
how do you make people take a look at the VCS in question? I'm open
for suggestions.
I know. It's a difficult choice.
But if we change our VCS for a DVCS, we do it for contributors or maintainers? If maintainers are the most concerned people, they should give a try to Hg and Git for a period longer than 2 weeks (2 months seems to be a reasonable period, 1 month with Hg, 1 month with Git). For the moment, the vote is opened to contributors. Maybe it's not a good “target” for the vote.

People now have 2 weeks to try out PHP by using the mirrors from either
git.php.net or hg.php.net and see how their favourite system works. For
me it seems most people don't even read the RFC and the recommendation,
so I don't expect them to try out the VCS, but I don't have a clue how
to change it.
I don't too. I think Git is more complicated than Hg and I regret the way the vote is changing. But, I repeat, I think the target for the vote is not appropriated.

Joking: Next time I'll add a survey that you need to complete
successfully before being alllowed to vote ;).
s/Joking/Todo/ :-)

Best regards.

--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

Member of HTML and WebApps Working Group of W3C
http://w3.org/