On Wed, February 29, 2012 6:55 pm, Kris Craig wrote:
> If not, I'll go ahead and draft an RFC for these proposed amendments
> sometime today or tomorrow when I get a spare moment.  If anyone has
> any
> thoughts on this, please share them!  Thanks!

This is not an official answer. I don't have time to dig out references.

I believe the PHP community settled on the idea of having a single
simple pass / fail vote without the complexity of branches / options.

It was simply to hard to tally the votes once you open up the options,
because your support base ends up being split.

NOTE: See current  US Republican Primaries for examples of how complex
it gets. :-)

There is nothing to stop one from drafting multiple proposals, with
alternative options, and each one getting vote upon, other than the
time available to the person drafting the proposals.

And, of course, a reasonable expectation that with TOO many proposals
of the same idea, the community would quickly turn into robo-voting,
both for and against, as that's just human nature.

Again, I say, I don't claim to speak for the whole community.  This is
merely my interpretation from my faulty memory of past events.

--
brain cancer update:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/search/label/brain%20tumor