Hi,

This post is about bug #18556 (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=18556) which is a decade old.

As the recent comments on that page indicate, there's not a deterministic way to resolve this issue, apart from eliminating tolower() calls for function/class names during lookup. Hence totally case-sensitive PHP.

Before opposing with "No, this will break a lot of existing code!", note that I'm not suggesting a static permanent change in the engine; rather a runtime option that will need to be enabled (cli option, INI setting), without which PHP will work as before.

Since I'm not well versed in the workings of Zend engine, I solicit the wisdom/experience of people in this list: Is this doable in a practical way, without making grand changes in Zend?

best regards,