On Fri, May 4, 2012 2:10 pm, Kris Craig wrote:

>> if

>> > And NULL is empty. No issue here.
>>
>> Expressions can also return "", 0, 0.0, "0", array()
>>
>> You really think those should all be empty?
>>

> Unless I'm missing something here, aren't all those things already
considered to be empty??  Here's what the PHP man page for empty()
says:

> The following things are considered to be empty:
>
>    - *""* (an empty string)
>    - *0* (0 as an integer)
>    - *0.0* (0 as a float)
>    - *"0"* (0 as a string)
>    - *NULL*
>    - *FALSE*
>    - *array()* (an empty array)
>    - *var $var;* (a variable declared, but without a value in a class)

I am suggesting that some of those wouldn't make so much sense being
"empty" in an expression.

empty(2.0 - 1.9999999999999);

Might not be 0.0, but that's not the point.

For some not-empty values added or subtracted, more or less at the
whims of digital float behave would or wouldn't be empty.

Furthermore, empty on "0" was originally designed user input via
GET/POST so that an <option>0</option> would be empty()

--
brain cancer update:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/search/label/brain%20tumor