On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Amaury Bouchard <ama...@amaury.net> wrote:
> My point is not to add two ways to do the same thing.
> What I'm humbly suggesting to do is to keep the core idea of the existing
> RFC (make things easier when you have to write getters/setters), and think
> about another syntax for managing reading and writing visibilities.

The thing is that coming down to two options of a new A:B syntax or
the RFC proposal, the RFC fits on the current syntax and allows for
more flexibility such as expanding with other function calls, I think
that would get the support+votes behind it.

The only thing I'm not yet particulartly fond of in this RFC is the
$value variable, but I guess there might not be another way around it,
unless we go for a more complex syntax.