On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> I'll ask again since no one has answered ...
>
> In a different way ...
> Is the only thing that changes the 'function' into a 'generator' replacing
> the call to process the data with 'yield'? ( That would be 'SUSPEND' in an
> SQL procedure ) ...
>
> So how DOES an IDE work out the flow in order to correctly check that
> variables are defined?
>
> As always, my IDE provides a lot of 'sexy' stuff so that I don't need to
> have it built in to the language, and I still can't see how a lot of what is
> being loaded in helps with performance which is the only thing that I am
> interested in. Performance wise why is yield better than just directly
> calling a function to handle the data?

Lester Caine and Alex Aulbach,

may I ask you to continue this discussion in a separate thread? I am
really interested in constructive responses about the generator RFC,
but your discussion is generating a lot of noise, which makes it very
hard for me to pick out the few mails that are of interest to me.

If you could open a new thread (like "Generator keyword") it would help a lot.

Thanks,
Nikita