I guess I didn't see any other support for it from others and it is a subset of
what the RFC I am proposing would encompass, did I miss something with your
original email?

From: amaury.bouch...@gmail.com [mailto:amaury.bouch...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Amaury Bouchard
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:42 PM
To: Clint Priest
Cc: internals@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] [RFC] Propety Accessors v1.1

You really don't want to even think about my idea? It's complementary on some
aspects, you know.
2012/10/11 Clint Priest <cpri...@zerocue.com<mailto:cpri...@zerocue.com>>
Rather than go to the trouble of finding a reasonable way to hold a vote on
these issues, is there anyone against the following changes:

1) Eliminate the ability for an accessor to be called via $o->__getHours(), the
accessor functions will be completely unavailable for use except as property
references ($o->Hours)
2) Change syntax to use public set($value) { }, public get(), etc.  (and along
with that means no more "magic" $value)
2a) If possible, allow for Type Hinting...
3) Eliminate automatically implemented get; set;, no automatic backing field
creation will occur.
4) read-only / write-only keywords will be eliminated
5) Exceptions thrown from accessors will be made more appropriate (I will also
check debug_backtrace information, etc)...

If there isn't anyone against the above changes, I will make the changes to the
RFC and re-present for final agreement...

Or... do ya'll want to vote on the aforementioned changes?