On 28/02/2013 13:54, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
> The major reason being is the lack of a stable, production ready op-code
> cache.
Am I crazy or APC not stable != a lack of a stable opcode cache. Whole
discussion thread has been assuming people don't use anything and or
there's nothing better than both ZO *and* APC - both facts being
patently untrue. I hate to get adversarial about this stuff, but PHP
seems to be suffering with a serious case of Not Invented Here syndrome
at the moment.

Real world ZO isn't going to make people switch to PHP 5.5 and nothing
but distro movement on this issue (around their release process) and
good time are going to change that. It's always applied with PHP (and
many other languages and projects) and it always will. Linux kernel is
at 3.8.1 but Debian testing is shipping 3.2, because that's what the
release process demands. Most sane people are going to use the PHP
version their distro ships and most distros are going to ship what is
tested, and not for nothing but bundling ZO if anything is going to gum
up the works on that front because simply it's more code and features
that will need testing and more config options to find sane defaults for.

TL;DR - ZO isn't going to shift people.