On 04/08/2013 09:07 PM, Madara Uchiha wrote:
I'm with Morrison, I see no actual use for this.

It's "cool", but what would you use it for?

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Levi Morrison <morrison.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
I see little value in having a function that tells me how many objects
of any kind I have instantiated. Mostly, I see it as a way to help
teach people about assignment of objects works in PHP:

     $a = new MyClass();
     $b = $a;
     var_dump(get_object_count());

And that's about the sum of how useful I think this is.

If it were to be able to narrow it to a specific class then it *might*
be a little more useful.

I see some merit in the idea that during development of an application it could be useful to get a profile view of the object store, without affecting those objects or introducing new objects in order to provide that view.

There are other run-time use cases, but for me, mostly development and debugging, without being intrusive or having any real impact on the application or object store.