On 24 May 2013 10:44, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:

> It is rather surprising that you would expect that as a PHP programmer,
> since it never worked this way in PHP, and no PHP code works this way
> either.

I'm saying that "as a PHP programmer" because my expectation is not
based on how other languages work, it's instinctive (perhaps
influenced by what used to be the method's description.) If I call
getLine() and I don't think about how other languages handle
exceptions, and I don't go out of my way to check the manual to see
whether it's been changed since 5.1, what comes to mind is "this is
going to tell me where the throw occured."