On 26-07-2013 11:53, Jakub Zelenka wrote:
You can check for BG(serialize_lock) instead of GC_G(gc_active)

What if there was an extension that call php_var_serialize without locking?
I know there probably isn't any but still I don't think that this is a nice
way how to provide data for serialization.

I think not using PHP_VAR_SERIALIZE_INIT() would always be an error in the extension anyway. However, you are right this method is not "nice" by any means.

--
Gustavo Lopes